Home Care Worker (2015-14)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: Various throughout Santa Clara County (day, night and weekend shifts needed)
Status: Temporary and full time
POSITION PURPOSE: To assist older and disabled adults in the community to remain at home (age in place) for as long as possible, and to support their family caregivers by providing needed in-home care (personal and domestic) and respite care services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Applicants must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), have successfully completed Catholic Charities’ Home Care Training Program with Foothill College with successful completion of training practicum with Day Break Cares, OR equivalent experience.
· First Aid/CPR certification, TB screening, and criminal background checks required.
· Applicants must provide at least two professional references along with their application.
· Must be available nights and weekends.
· Must have an insured vehicle and a valid CA driver’s license in good standing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual in English-Spanish or English-Mandarin/Cantonese also desirable. Flexible attitude, punctuality, and compassion for working with dependent adults, especially seniors, and their family caregivers are essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Client homes throughout
HOURS: Hours vary and will be based on client needs and scheduled by the home care program coordinators. Weekly schedules may vary. On-duty meal responsibilities will be required for work shifts over 5 hours. Hours may include nights and weekends.
TRAVEL: Home care providers may be required to drive clients to medical appointments and/or grocery shopping. Personal vehicle preferred to facilitate employee travel between job sites. Home care providers are reimbursed for mileage incurred when driving clients.
TO Apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to (408) 944-0274
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2015-14
Your Company Name