Home Care Worker (2010-75)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: Various throughout Santa Clara County (day, night and weekend shifts needed)
Status: Temporary and part time
POSITION PURPOSE: To assist older and disabled adults in the community to remain at home (age in place) for as long as possible, and to support their family caregivers by providing needed in-home care (companionship, light housekeeping, personal hygiene, and overnight care). Applicants must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), have successfully completed Catholic Charities’ Home Care Training Program with Foothill College with successful completion of training practicum with Day Break Cares.
• Companion Care: provides companionship to seniors in order for them to stay socially engaged at home and also continuing to visit friends, family, and other social events. Leads and supports activities such as shopping and errands, appointments, social visits, reminiscing, gardening, scrapbooking, board games, other interests clients may have. Provides medication reminders.
• Homemaking Care: provides support to seniors and disabled adults with their daily activities in order to be able to be comfortable at home. Support includes but is not limited to meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping (such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, washing dishes, kitchen maintenance, etc.), personal laundry and linens, making the bed, organizing, pet care, plant care, picking up/taking out the garbage, and others at clients request.
• Personal & Hygiene Care: provides personal and hygiene care support to seniors and disabled adults such as help with bathing, grooming, shaving, hair washing, hair brushing, dressing and skin care. For clients who are bedridden also assists with repositioning to avoid bed sores, adult briefs, sponge bath, and transfers.
• Safety and Supervision: Inform home care program manager of emerging client problems or needs; Maintain a safe home environment in compliance with the home care program’s policies; provide companionship and protective supervision as needed; provide regular updates of client care to coordinators and director.
• Record Keeping/Clerical: Documents and reports any changes in clients’ physical or mental statuses or major changes in clients’ home environments to the home care program coordinators and director; comply with all the home care program’s policies and procedures; prepares time sheets, documents client notes, communicating via e-mail.
Other duties as assigned.
• Applicants must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), have successfully completed Catholic Charities’ Home Care Training Program with Foothill College with successful completion of training practicum with Day Break Cares.
• First Aid & CPR certification, TB screening, and criminal background check required.
• Applicant must provide at least two professional references along with their application.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin/Cantonese, Vietnamese, Farsi; licensed and insured driver in good standing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Client homes throughout Santa Clara County.
HOURS: Temporary position. Hours based on client needs and scheduled by the home care supervisor or scheduler. Weekly schedules may vary. On-duty meal responsibilities will be required for shifts over 5 hours.
OR, for Casual Hours
Hours vary and will be based on client needs, scheduled by the home care supervisor or scheduler. Weekly schedules may vary. On-duty meal responsibilities will be required for shifts over 5 hours. Must work at least one 3-hour shift per week.
TRAVEL: Home care providers may be required to drive clients to medical appointments, shopping, and other errands.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276 Attn: HR
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2010-75
Your Company Name