Home Care Worker [WEEKEND AVAILABILITY A PLUS] (2015-14)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: Various throughout Santa Clara County (day, night and weekend shifts needed)
Status: Temporary and full time
POSITION PURPOSE: To assist older and disabled adults in the community to remain at home (age in place) for as long as possible, and to support their family caregivers by providing needed in-home care (personal and domestic) and respite care services. Flexible attitude, punctual, and compassionate toward dependent adults, especially seniors, and their family caregivers are essential. Strong teamwork and organization skills; experience with staff scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Companion Care: provides companionship to seniors in order for them to stay socially engaged at home and also continuing to visit friends, family, and other social events. Leads and supports activities such as shopping and errands, appointments, social visits, reminiscing, gardening, scrapbooking, board games, other interests clients may have. Provides medication reminders.
2. Homemaking Care: provides support to seniors and disabled adults with their daily activities in order to be able to be comfortable at home. Support includes but is not limited to meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping (such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, washing dishes, kitchen maintenance, etc.), personal laundry and linens, making the bed, organizing, pet care, plant care, picking up/taking out the garbage, and others at clients request.
3. Personal & Hygiene Care: provides personal and hygiene care support to seniors and disabled adults such as help with bathing, grooming, shaving, hair washing, hair brushing, dressing and skin care. For clients who are bedridden also assists with repositioning to avoid bed sores, adult briefs, sponge bath, and transfers.
4. Safety and Supervision: Inform home care program manager of emerging client problems or needs; Maintain a safe home environment in compliance with the home care program’s policies; provide companionship and protective supervision as needed; provide regular updates of client care to coordinators and director.
5. Record Keeping/Clerical: Documents and reports any changes in clients’ physical or mental statuses or major changes in clients’ home environments to the home care program coordinators and director; comply with all the home care program’s policies and procedures; prepares time sheets, documents client notes, communicating via e-mail.
6. Other duties as assigned.
• Applicant must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), graduate of Geriatric Home Aide Certificate Program with Foothill College, or equivalent education/certifications. (2-3 years of home care experience)
• First Aid/CPR certification, TB screening, and criminal background checks required.
• Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Must be confident user of technology such as computers and smartphones.
• Strong Communication Skills
• Must pass Criminal Background Check
• reliable vehicle and a valid CA driver’s license a plus
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual in English and Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and other languages. Flexible attitude, punctual, and compassionate toward dependent adults, especially seniors, and their family caregivers are essential. Strong teamwork and organization skills; experience with staff scheduling.
Locations: All Cities in Santa Clara County.
HOURS: Team members can work as many hours as they would like up to a full 40 hours. Shifts can vary and will be based on client needs from 3 to 8 hour shifts. Weekly schedules may vary. Hours may include nights and weekends.
TRAVEL: Home care providers may be required to drive clients to medical appointments and/or grocery shopping. Personal vehicle preferred to facilitate employee travel between job sites. Home care providers are reimbursed for mileage incurred when driving clients.
1. Ability to drive; valid CDL and auto insurance per agency requirements.
2. Ability to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to lift 25lbs or more
4. Ability to assist dependent elders in safe transfers
Job Code: 2015-14
Your Company Name