BIA Accredited Rep II (2018-17)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Immigration Legal Services Program, the BIA Level 2 Rep assists clients in obtaining a new or different immigration status and provides representation before the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and also Immigration Court. Possesses the most advanced levels of training in immigration law.
1. Provides information regarding the application of immigration and citizenship laws, the appropriate federal and state regulations, federal immigration citizenship procedures, forms and fees.
2. Provide legal representation to clients before the USCIS and Immigration Court.
3. Assess immigration needs of clients and determines eligibility for available immigration remedies.
4. Prepares applications, petitions and forms as required by law within the jurisdiction of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and US consulates.
5. Signs G-28ís
6. Reviews applications prior to submission to USCIS or Immigration Court.
7. Maintains accurate, complete and confidential case files.
8. Provides referral to other community agencies.
9. Prepares and submits program reports in a timely manner.
10. Studies and analyzes immigration laws and regulations.
11. Conducts outreach activities and participate in advocacy efforts
12. Perform duties as assigned or approved by the program director.
13. Performs office duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
1. College graduate or equivalent experience.
2. BIA Level 1 accreditation or equivalent immigration law and procedure experience and training
3. Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret immigration laws and regulations.
4. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese or language of another Santa Clara County immigrant community
5. Ability to maintain good working relationships with culturally diverse staff and clients.
6. Computer literate in Windows/PC
7. Provide own transportation with adequate insurance and driverís license.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Job Code: 2018-17
Your Company Name