Employment Representative (2018-8)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Focus For Work team, develop business linkages, including On the Job Training development, employer networking and the development of relationships with large employers for potential employment opportunities for consumers referred by DOR. Job develop for job openings and employment training opportunities and refer clients for interviews and placement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use appropriate marketing and selling methods to reach employers and convince them to offer job opportunities to DOR consumers.
• Explore and develop job opportunities, which take advantage of consumer’s strengths and abilities, and are consistent with the IPE.
• Arrange employment interviews for DOR consumers and transport as needed.
• Develop and maintain visible position in the business community. i.e.; trade association meetings, professional networking for the future benefit of DOR consumers.
• Serve as liaison between Focus For Work and the employer of DOR consumers.
• Adherence to all legal and ethical standards of the profession, especially those regarding DOR consumer safety, confidentiality, and record keeping.
• Transport DOR consumers as needed.
• Reinforce and counsel DOR consumers in the use of appropriate work skills and habits such as grooming, job behavior, and communications with co-workers.
• Maintain files on DOR consumers, employers, and job listings.
• Transport DOR consumers as needed.
• Develop On the job training contracts for DOR clients.
• Provide resources for the Employment Advisory Council.
• Perform additional vocational services in this contract as assigned by the Program Director.
Adherence to all legal and ethical standards of the profession, especially those regarding client safety, and confidentiality, and record keeping.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
* Reinforce and counsel clients on the use of appropriate work skills and habits such as grooming, job behavior and communication with co-workers.
* Provide all paperwork and services as outlined in Department of Rehabilitation Case Service Contract, Santa Clara County Mental Health Agreement according to Commission On Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities standards.
* Coordinates rehabilitation delivery with social service agencies.
* Complete intake documents.
* Perform additional vocational services in this contract as assigned by the Program Director
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team.
* Willingness to embrace change.
* Computer skills using windows.
* Confidentiality: Job requires and adheres to California law regarding Welfare and Institution Code 5328.
* Car and insurance, valid driver's license.
2) Minimum educational level:
* High school
3) Experience required:
* One year experience in job development, marketing, or related field, or comparable experience.
4) Physical Requirements:
· Lifting 2-30 lbs
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. Catholic Charities’ policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic information), or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Job Code: 2018-8
Your Company Name