Program Assistant - ILS (2018-1) Gilroy
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Part Time Non Benefitted
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Program Assistant provides clerical support to the ILS staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initial assessment of clients’ basic information for data entry
2. Receive and follow up phone calls from immigration clients
3. Assist staff’ enter their collected clients’ intake information
4. Assist staff’ produce program reports
5. Attend staff meetings to learn clients intake process and procedures
6. Conducts client follow-ups as assigned by program staff
7. Track client’s priority dates and application deadlines
8. Update and maintain case files in immigration file room
9. Collect mails and distribute it in immigration staff’s respective mailbox.
10. Make copies of information or guide materials, and take charge of registration in group orientation or application workshops.
11. Arrange for translations of clients’ documents (Especially Spanish)
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department/business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required knowledge, skills abilities
• Ability to speak/write a language other than English commonly spoken by immigrants, especially Spanish.
• Good organizational skills
• High School/College Graduate
• Experience working in a cross-cultural setting.
• Computer literate (Windows platform)
• Physical Requirements:
Sitting for long periods of time
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Job Code: 2018-1
Your Company Name