Case Manager CalWORKs - Spanish Speaking (2017-146)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSTION:
This position will provide case management/brokerage services, outreach to CALWORKs clients to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services for eligible chronically homeless, disabled families. This position will contact and collaborate with specific community agency personnel who provide other case management or treatment service and resources. This position will advocate for clients when their services are in jeopardy. Housing services may be provided including, but not limited to searching for and securing appropriate shelter.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Conducts outreach to service resources for clients.
• Completes intake interviews and documentation of eligibility of services for clients (CAL-WIN etc)
• Maintain progress notes per agency (CCSCC) and Behavioral Health Division (BHD) standards
• Manages a caseload of approximately 25-30 clients with mental illness and dual diagnosis or addictions, persons with cognitive and other disabilities.
• Assist clients with basic living needs (shelter, clothing, etc.)
• Consults with individual clients about knowledge of the community, needed resources and the individual’s strengths in accessing services, including utility discounts and other basic services.
• Provides identification of appropriate community resources and consultation to the client regarding those resources to accomplish their goals.
• Provides consultation in life skills including securing shelter, employment, money management, community service access, etc.
• Conducts group sessions for resource sharing, and learning socialization skills.
• Assist clients in accessing and/or coordinating services with CCSCC Therapists and staff, community providers, e.g. psychiatrist, primary care physicians, vocational programs, therapist, legal representatives/guardians, Veteran’s Administration staff, Department of Mental Health / Drugs and Alcohol staff, parole and probation officers, judges, police and other community services/organizations to assure the individual’s access to services and the service delivery systems.
• Assist clients in resolving crisis situations.
• Records series, maintains client files, and completes monthly and quarterly activity reports and other required documentation, in AWARDS database.
• May develop, arrange and offer workshops and community education services, e.g. life skills, financial education, health care, social activities, with community organizations and assist clients in accessing these services.
• Attends all staff meetings to facilitate coordination and collaboration of client services.
• Other responsibility assigned as needed.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English Required
• Master’s degree preferred in social work, human services, counseling or other behavioral science for LPHA status, and 1 year of pre-graduate or post graduate experience of in the field, preferably with mental health and/addicted individuals.
• Alternative Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, counseling or other behavioral science and three years experience with demonstrated counseling skills
in the field with mental health and or addicted individuals
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Good oral and written English skills.
• Culturally competent communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Experience with CalWORKs preferred.
• Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health documentation experience preferred.
• Computer skills, Microsoft Office and web-based application.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile
• Liability insurance according to agency requirements
• Must be able to pass DOJ clearances upon employment, facilitated by CCSCC.
Job Code: 2017-146
Your Company Name