Case Manager II (2017-135)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION:
The Restorative Justice Program helps our community’s most venerable residents heal their mental health and access various social supports to stabilize their lives for recovery and successful reintegration into the community. Provides case management and rehabilitation services to assist mental health, substance use and dual diagnosis clients. Assists clients to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services for eligible individuals. Provides crisis intervention services for clients in various situations. Works with interdisciplinary treatment team to assist the clients in their recovery and management of chronic mental illness, substance use, chronic health disorders and compliance with court requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides case management and rehabilitation services to an intensive caseload of 15 to 18 seriously mentally ill and/or dually diagnosed ex-offenders with co-occurring disorders, e.g. substance use, physical health problems.
• Participates in a team environment.
• Responsible for timely completing of initial assessments, treatment plans and progress notes.
• Consistently meets productivity targets.
• Appreciation for and proficiency in producing accurate documentation.
• Coordinates services with psychiatrist, team members, primary care and specialist physicians, legal representatives/guardians, Departments of Mental Health and Alcohol and Drugs staff, probation, parole, District Attorney, pre-trial services, Public Defender and other community services/organizations to assure the individual’s access to services, the services, and the service delivery system.
• Assists clients in obtaining housing, financial assistance, health care, medication and other community supports.
• Works with peer mentors to maintain engagement and communication with clients in the community.
• Ability to deescalate and provides crisis intervention as needed.
• May provide outreach activities at the Santa Clara County jails.
• Provide outreach activities to difficult to engage and/or re-engage clients to promote successful treatment.
• Assists in assessments and Transformational Care Plans (TCPs) as a licensed waiver or licensed signer; performs Mental Status Evaluations and makes Diagnostic Formulations as needed.
• Assists clients in completing applications for services, assistance, ID cards, etc.
• Records services in Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, maintains client files and completes monthly activity reports in a timely manner.
• Performs related work, as required.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
• 2 year of experience in the field with mental health and/addicted individuals in a Full Partnership Program-type services environment prefer.
• Comfort and experience working with low-income individuals with serious mental illness and ex-offender background, including providing services in community-based settings.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Have team player approach and demonstrate flexibility.
• Culturally competent communication skills.
• Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health documentation experience preferred.
• Computer skills, Microsoft Office and web-based applications, including Electronic Health Records systems.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile
• Automobile liability insurance according to agency requirements
• Must be able to pass DOJ clearances upon employment, facilitated by CCSCC
• Must be able to pass DMV clearance
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276 attn: HR
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Job Code: 2017-135
Your Company Name