Program Supervisor ILP/Education (2017-91)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Oversee, develop, and manage the Education Program and Independent Living Programs (ILP) and staff. Will provide direct supervision to the Education and ILP
team members. Will provide direct care to youth needing Higher Education assistance. This position will balance supervising the Education/ILP services and providing direct client care to youth pursuing or in Higher Education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage the independent living program services to foster youth ages 16+ and emancipated youth
• Supervise the Case Manager, Education & ILP and Program Coordinator, ILP to ensure the implementation of supportive services to clients (such as finding employment, housing, enrollment in higher education, developing independent living skills, financial aid, etc.)
• Coordinate with Social Workers to identify educational and independent living needs of clients and case planning
• Provide direct client services to youth needing assistance with Higher Education
• Arrange and facilitate tours of college campuses in the greater Bay Area
• Oversee AB-12 implementation, policy development, implementation, and evaluation of orientation process for clients seeking to enter into AB-12
• Develop independent living curriculum, programming, and initiatives to support needs of transition-aged youths
• Ensure that each youth receives an assessment of his/her level of independent living skills using a recognized life skills assessment tool
• Ensure coordinator between social workers and ILP/Education staff in order to ensure the completion of a transitional independent living plan for each qualified minor, ensure the plan is up to date, and that clients are meeting goals every 6 months
• Oversee enrollment of eligible youth in the Independent Living Program
• Manage the higher education grant/ CHAFEE grant program
• Develop ongoing evaluation of Education & ILP services and ensure that services are client-driven
• Ensure that clients receive at least one independent living skills training per month
• Ensure proper documentation of services and support with gathering data for trimester, quarterly, and monthly reporting.
• Meet one-on-one with youth as necessary and document ILP, SH and EYS services in client’s case file
• Facilitate a support group for college-aged youth during monthly family nights
• Interfaces with foster parents and staff to coordinate client self-sufficiency
• Manage the program’s tutoring contracts
• Advocate and develop resources for clients
• Facilitate regular in-house audits of relevant documentation
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• MA in social service, human service, education, counseling, or other social science area
• Excellent cross-cultural experience and ability to work well with a diverse population
• At least 3 years working with immigrant, refugees, or foster youth
• Experience providing supervision
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Automobile and valid CA driver’s license
• Auto liability coverage according to the agency requirements
• Excellent computers skills: MS Office (all apps)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• MSW or MFT
• Multi-lingual in a language commonly spoken by refugees and immigrants (Arabic, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Burmese, Hindi, Turkish, Farsi, Nepali)
HOURS: Full time. Hours will be based on client and foster family availability. All program staff
might be required to work one Tuesday night per month and at least one Saturday per month.
TRAVEL: Occasional out of state travel required.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
RATOINAL FOR POSITION- As the age of our existing clients are getting older, and the trend of many new clients coming it at age 17, a much higher number of clients need assistance with Higher Education needs than before. Since the overall caseload is growing, the existing staff does not have the capacity to meet these needs. The current supervisor also supervises the placement team and is the program’s clinician. There are growing needs in the ILP and Higher Education population, and the URM program is putting more emphasis on assisting the clients in becoming more self-sufficient, so a dedicated supervisor is needed to help build and strengthen the infrastructure.
Job Code: 2017-91
Your Company Name