Program Coordinator, Billing (2017-84)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Performs a variety of complex clerical and accounting functions for timely billing for behavioral health services, including verification of invoice information, maintenance of billing records, and resolution of a variety of problems. Follows up on submitted claims and client billing; resubmits claims or resolves problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure accurate information is entered into the County Unicare System to bill Medi-Cal claims
2. Service Uploads: Prepares the electronic claims and cleans the service upload file from Awards prior to uploading to the County, bill sign upload after corrections
3. Responsible for entering all Late Note into the County Unicare System
4. Confirm Medi-Cal eligibility prior monthly submission of the claims.
5. Periodically run Unicare reports to confirm accuracy & completeness of client and billing data
6. Back Up in generating Unicare Pre-Batch AR Reports & MH Batch Trial Error Reports
7. When necessary, advise Behavioral Health staff of required changes needed to Progress notes/voids
8. Oversees the PARCCA (Personnel Action Request Count/Contract Application) application process
9. Maintains a Behavioral Health Provider roster, with current credentials and signature
10. Oversees and process all voids submitted for Medi-Cal claims, maintains a logs for reporting purposes
11. Attends Santa Clara county Unicare User Meeting
12. Update units reporting system daily, and review notes for billing errors
13. Provide training and support to Program Admins.
14. Provide backup support to Program Admins.
15. Works with QA Dept. to ensure BH staff are training and updated with County requirements
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Ensures strict confidentiality of medical and financial records.
2. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
3. Maintain filing and reporting systems, implement changes to filing and reporting systems as needed
4. Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department/business needs (order supplies, issue check requests, mail distribution, pull files, confirm client appointments).
5. Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that promotes compassion, service and social justice.
7. Commitment and support for organizational initiatives.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Knowledge of Medicare/Medical commercial insurance and managed care insurance, medical terminology and customer service experience.
• Knowledge of HDX and ICD-9 & CPT-4 coding.
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and email communications.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects in a fast paced office environment; excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal/written English skills and effective interpersonal skills.
2) Minimum educational level:
• High school diploma or GED; some accounting courses are a plus
3) Experience required:
• At least two years of medical billing experience
• Experience in accounting or bookkeeping is a plus
4) Physical Requirements:
• Possess the mobility to maneuver throughout the building.
• Use a keyboard and computer terminal, telephone and other office equipment
• Able to lift up to 20 lbs
• Occasional moving of furniture or equipment or office supplies
• Driving for errands and special projects.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Job Code: 2017-84
Your Company Name