Program Supervisor, Restorative Justice Center (2017-60)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, California
Status: Full time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: The Restorative Justice Program helps our community’s most vulnerable residents heal their mental health and access various social supports to stabilize their lives for recovery and successful reintegration into the community. The Program Supervisor is a lead for the program and provides clinical support to staff. She/he provides and assists with evidenced based therapy, collateral services, crisis intervention, substance use services, and case management. Assists clients to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services for eligible individuals. Works with interdisciplinary treatment team to assist the clients in their recovery and management of chronic mental illness, substance use, chronic health disorders and compliance with court requirements. In the spirit of the program, “do whatever it takes” to assists the client in accomplishing his/her goals. The Program Supervisor provides clinical and administrative oversight to the restorative justice program. Assists the Director as needed and leads the team during the Director’s absence
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides clinical and administrative supervision to staff as assigned.
• Provides therapy and case management services to clients.
• Is the lead supervisor in the absence of the director.
• Responsible for client assessments and treatment plans and assisting Director with timely completion of staffs’ documentation and billing requirements.
• Assists the director of timely completion of program’s reports and communication with our funders, courts, and other community partners.
• Maintains an assigned caseload to assists clients in developing treatment plans and follow through to implement their plans successfully.
• Ensures that clients are connected to primary care and substance abuse counseling.
• Coordinates services with psychiatrist, team members, primary care and specialist physicians, legal representatives/guardians, Departments of Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug staff, probation, parole, District Attorney, pre-trial services, Public Defender and other community services/organizations to assure the individual’s access to services, the services, and the service delivery system.
• Assists clients in obtaining housing, financial assistance, health care, medication and other community supports.
• Provides crisis intervention.
• Connects clients with NAMI, AA, NA and other supportive organizations to assist the clients in their recovery.
• Follows Mental Health Department documentation standards and documents all activities according to program requirements.
• Records services in Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, maintains client files and completes monthly activity reports.
• Assists staff in developing treatment plans and assessments.
• Reviews progress notes of assigned staff as indicated.
• Works with peer mentors to maintain engagement and communication with clients in the community.
• Develop materials and provides evidence based rehabilitation workshops on wellness, health education, family relationship, relapse prevention, etc. for clients as indicated.
• Performs related work and other duties as required.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
• At least 1 year in a lead position
• Comfort and experience working with low-income individuals with serious mental illness and ex-offender background, including providing services in community-based settings.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Able to multi-task.
• Good organizational skills and attention to details.
• Good oral and written English skills.
• Culturally competent communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Experience with older adults a plus.
• Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health documentation experience preferred.
• Computer skills, Microsoft Office and web-based application.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Licensed provider (PH.D., LMFT, LCSW) and able to supervise clinical staff for their hours
• Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile.
• Liability insurance according to agency requirements.
• Must be able to pass DMV clearance.
• Have an NPI number.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276 attn: HR
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2017-60
Your Company Name