Lead Home Care Worker (2017-74)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Full Time
POSITION PURPOSE: To assist older and disabled adults in the community to remain at home (age in place) for as long as possible, and to support their family caregivers by providing needed in-home care (personal and domestic) and respite care services. This position is responsible for training new staff in DBC policies, procedures, and standards.
• Applicant must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or LVN.
• First Aid/CPR certification, TB screening, and criminal background checks required.
• Must be registered with the Home Care Services Bureau.
• Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Must be a confident user of technology such as computers and smartphones.
• Strong English speaker.
• Must have an insured reliable vehicle and a valid CA driver’s license in good standing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual in English-Spanish or English-Chinese. Flexible attitude, punctual, and compassionate toward dependent adults, especially seniors, and their family caregivers are essential. Strong teamwork and organization skills; experience with staff scheduling.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment, and client homes throughout Santa Clara County.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. Generally, normal business hours; may vary based on staffing needs. Hours may include nights and weekends.
TRAVEL: Lead home care providers may be required to drive clients to medical appointments and/or grocery shopping. Personal vehicle required to facilitate employee travel between job sites. Lead Home Care Worker will be reimbursed for mileage incurred between work sites and for client related travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct Client Care: Responsible for keeping a light client case load. Will have at least one high level care client. Will perform all duties of a home care worker.
2. Relief Home Care Worker: As needed, relieves home care workers who cannot work due to illness or approved time-off; provides home care for clients with holes in their schedules.
3. Training and Coaching: Under the direction of supervisor, serves as clinical resource to other home care workers, providing coaching and training. Orients new home care workers to first assignments. Helps identify training and development needs within the Home Care program, designing and expanding training and development to meet both the program’s and the client’s needs.
4. Scheduling: Partners with Scheduler to determining staff availability, matching appropriate direct care worker to meet the needs of individual clients, communicating basic care plan and contact information to assigned direct care worker.
5. Other duties as assigned.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Assistance with customer service of new inquiries and referrals for the program.
2. Assistance with screening and hiring qualified home care providers.
Education: (Equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job may be considered.)
1. At least three years recent experience as geriatric caregiver.
2. CNA or LVN is preferred.
To apply: www.catholiccharitiesscc.org
Job Code: 2017-74
Your Company Name