Safety & Security Officer (2017-50)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Part Time
Ensure the buildings and equipment owned and operated by the Agency are secured and kept in safe conditions at all times. Perform all Agency security practices. Perform all Safety & Security Lead common services at Zanker offices plus other designated Catholic Charities sites. Report to Safety, Security & Facilities Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Investigate incidents reports and make safety recommendations.
2. Respond to and investigate all staff-related safety & security related issues and reinforce existing policies, plans and programs to minimize future incidents. Reinforce ongoing safety training programs for personnel and volunteers by conducting training per management.
3. Work with Safety, Security and Facilities Manager for coordination of CARF and other licensure requirements related to facilities and safety.
4. Assist in security and emergency situations that arise and pertain to your role.
5. Work with Safety, Security & Facilities Manager to ensure the Safety and Security Program meets Agency needs and accreditation and regulatory requirements, including:
5.1. Ensure that staff is trained and prepared according to appropriate written materials and programs such as Emergency Response Protocol, Emergency Preparedness Plan, and other policies, procedures and programs;
5.2. Continually enforcing. developing, updating and providing staff orientation and ongoing training in safety and security practices;
6. Acting as Agency safety officer as a direct report to Safety, Security and Facilities Manager
7. Enforce Agency security practices, such as:
7.1. Patrolling Agency grounds, inside and out morning, noon and at end of shift to assure safe facility.
7.2. Patrol any large gathering at all agency sites.
7.3. Maintain records of emergency responders for security systems at each site.
8. Act as emergency responder where feasible.
9. Enforce security services at Zanker site.
10. Perform administrative duties such as: maintenance of files/ incident reports and daily records/activity reports.
11. Ensure buildings and equipment owned and operated by the Agency are maintained in good repair to serve operational requirements.
Minimum Educational Level:
Must have a current guard and a minimum verifiable job history within the security industry as an officer or higher
Two yearís experience in related field, with at least one year of management experience preferred.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
1) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2) Ability to develop coursework and teach.
3) Sensitivity to cross cultural issues.
4) Ability to work on a team and as a team member.
5) Computer literate; knowledge of MS Office suite required.
6) California Guard Card, Reliable Transportation, valid CA driverís license, adequate insurance per Agency policy.
7) Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to walk, climb, crouch, bend, reach, push and pull
Ability to sit for up to one hour at a time
Ability to perform functions at a computer workstation
Ability to drive legally
Indoors and outdoors environment.
Hours and other conditions
May require flexibility in scheduling to oversee weekend and after-hours projects
Job Code: 2017-50
Your Company Name