Program Coordinator, Day Break Services - Sunnyvale (2018-43)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: This position oversees the day-to-day operations of the Day Break Cares- Senior Activity Center, including oversight and training of activity assistants, client intake and assessment, coordinate, plan, and implement daily center activities, outreach and data collection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Center Operations: Oversees all aspects of the Senior Activity Center at Duane Avenue in Sunnyvale, including the adult day care program and caregiver support group. Screen, trains, and oversees program volunteers. Become familiar with licensing regulations and assure that licensing guidelines are followed in the center’s operations. Ensure contract and grant requirements are implemented and recorded.
• Client care and Assessment: Provide direct care and supervision of adult day care clients. Responsible for conducting assessments for day and home care potential clients that approach via that site. Assist with the delivery of culturally sensitive services. Evaluate the care and supervision of program participants; make recommendations for program modifications in response to client feedback.
• Activities Coordination: Develops monthly activities for center and implements with the assistance of care assistants. Develops a calendar of daily events that keep clients engaged and active. Seeks presenters and collaborations that will help improve the quality of life and care for our clients.
• Outreach: Serves as a representative and ambassador for all Day Break Cares services. Responsible for four hours of weekly community outreach activities that promote Day Break Cares and educate the community about the needs of caregivers. Serve as a liaison with key resources in the community surrounding the center. Recruits volunteers for the program.
• Data Collection: Collect data for and assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
(Equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job may be considered.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Psychology, or related field.
One to two years of experience in aging or other human services field.
One to two years of supervision experience.
Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to multi-task
Strong interpersonal skills
Effective communication skills: verbal, written, and public speaking
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with management, staff, and volunteers
Self-starter with high energy level and desire to succeed in chosen career path
Comfort with high degree of confidentiality mandated by working with client population
Health Screening and Negative TB test as required by state licensing
Fingerprint and FBI clearance as required by state licensing
Minimum of 30 clock hours of continuing education* every 24 months of employment as required by state licensing
*Continuing education shall include completion of courses related to roles and responsibilities of the administrator position including, but not limited to, workshops, seminars, and academic classes.
Ability to speak, hear, see, and read
Ability to drive; valid CDL and auto insurance per agency requirements.
Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
Ability to lift at least 25 Lbs.
Office and community settings
Hours and Other Conditions:
Monday to Friday
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Job Code: 2018-43
Your Company Name