Part-Time Psychiatrist (2016-77)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Status: Part Time
Salary: Removed per JCC
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct psychiatric and medication support services to children, and/or adult and older adult clients in a team environment. Up to 12 hours of service per week with a schedule to be determined based on candidate’s preferences and our agency’s needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides direct psychiatric initial assessments and medication support services
2. Works in a team environment and consults with staff on client behavior and performance and provides staff training as required.
3. Reviews behavioral/medical records for compliance with quality and contract requirements.
4. Prepares correspondence as appropriate.
5. Must be available for on-call coverage via for medication support and/or crisis situations via phone.
6. Consults with other staff and external providers, including psychiatrists, physicians, psychotherapists and other authorized professionals, family members or caregivers.
7. Provides on-call support to clinicians, nurse practitioner, case manager and alternates with other psychiatrist on vacations, illnesses, etc.
8. Enters data into AWARDS.
9. Use all applicable laws and guidelines as required by SCC MHD, Title 22, and MediCare documentation requirements.
10. Comply with SCC Medications Guidelines including laboratory requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Licensed physician with a current CA license.
2. A current DEA certificate.
2. Board eligible required with ability to complete certification within the year.
3. Psychiatric experience and/or experience with older adults, homeless, veterans, refugees and/or other high needs clients.
4. Experience with dual diagnosis and Addiction Medicine.
5 Psycho-pharmacological experience including long acting injectable medications
6 Cultural competency skills
7 Active malpractice insurance
8 Automobile and valid CA license
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Board certified preferred
2. Certification to provide psychiatric services to children preferred but not required.
3. Bi-lingual skills preferred, e.g. Spanish-English, Mandarin or Vietnamese and English
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276 attn: TM
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2016-77
Your Company Name