After School Instructor (CORAL) (2012-73)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA (various locations)
Status: Part time (19 to 24 hours per week)
The goal of CORAL San Jose is to improve academic achievement in an after-school setting. CORAL San Jose serves twenty-three schools. Although slightly different at each site, CORAL improves achievement through a combination of balanced literacy and project-based learning activities all linked to classroom curricula and California State Standards. CORAL seeks to strengthen children’s foundation of basic skills, while providing them with a rich and high quality enrichment curriculum.
Salary: Starting at $12 per hour
Part-time – 19-24 hours/week
Under the direct supervision of the Site Manager, the Instructor will be responsible for the supervision and safety of 20-25 school age children. The Instructor will carry out all program plans and schedules provided by the Site Manager with his/her group of children.
The qualified applicant will possess general knowledge in these areas:
• California State Standards
• Balanced literacy
• Lesson planning and implementation
• Classroom management
• Academic Tutoring
• Safety / Risk Management in a child centered program
Must hold a college degree or a current college student with at least 48 college credits or have passed the Para–Educator proficiency exam.
Must have a minimum of two years experience working with children.
Must have knowledge of working in racially diverse communities, under performing schools, low social economic areas.
Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have a background check.
Must acquire CPR and First Aid training.
• Planning and execution of balanced literacy lessons and project based learning activities
• Available to work assigned work hours
• Teach, direct and supervise school age children
• Maintain daily attendance
• Maintain data entry requirements
• Involve children in all program activities
• Develop age appropriate programming for children
• Responsible for the health, safety, and well being of the children at all times
• Must be an active participant and a positive role model to children
• Exhibit courteous and helpful behavior to children, staff, parents/guardians, school personnel, agency representatives, and the general public
• Report to the Site Manager any behavioral concerns and/or incidents involving the children in the program
• Attend all staff meetings and professional development trainings
• Responsible for all equipment, supplies, and cleanliness of program areas
• Carry out all policies of the site, agency, and overall San Jose CORAL goals and mission
• Complete other duties as assigned
Contact Information to Apply:
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara county– CORAL San Jose
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2012 - 73
Your Company Name