When Jewell struggled to save her own life and that of her children, Catholic Charities was able to help change their lives for good, thanks to generous donors like you.
Ironically, this year in our booming economy we are getting more calls from people becoming homeless because of the high cost of housing, seniors are struggling with hunger and seeking food at our senior centers and parents call hoping for more space in our after school programs.
While we are able to help many of our neighbors in need, our resources are limited and sadly we have had to turn people away. It is heartbreaking for us to have to say, “There is no room in the inn” -- the same painful reply Mary and Joseph heard that night in Bethlehem.
Your continued tax-deductible investment allows Catholic Charities to serve as a beacon of mercy for over 40,000 people annually. Families like Jewell’s need your help more than ever to break the cycle of poverty for themselves and their children.
During this most blessed season of giving, I hope you will make a special gift. Your increased gift will be doubled by the Sobrato Family Foundation enabling Catholic Charities to help many more families like Jewell’s.
We are continually inspired by our clients’ courage and hope in their own lives—hope that calls them to reach deep within themselves to improve their lives. Will you reach out and change someone’s life for good?
Thank you for your unwavering commitment to those we serve. Your support reassures them that they are not alone in their struggle to find a path to hope and opportunity. Will you increase your tax-deductible gift to help us maximize this challenge?
God bless you and your family this Christmas,
Gregory Kepferle, CEO
P.S. This Christmas, your generosity will be rewarded two-fold. Every new or increased dollar you give during this year’s Christmas Appeal will be matched 2 to 1 through a challenge grant from the Sobrato Family Foundation. Please consider increasing your gift to help us maximize this challenge.
Catholic Charities + You 40,000 Lives Changed By You Last Year!
We are grateful for your faith in our work and your compassionate support of our mission. Here are just a few results we have accomplished this past year thanks to your generosity.
Poverty Alleviation = Help vulnerable people achieve stability and maintain dignity.
- 68,496 nourishing meals served to low-income seniors at Eastside Neighborhood Center and John XXIII Multi-Service Center
- 20,154 bags of groceries distributed to low-income seniors (4,000 lbs. a week!)
- 2,661 formerly homeless, low-income individuals/families housed and receive supportive housing services
Poverty Prevention = Disrupt the cycle of poverty through education.
- 2,735 children enrolled in our CORAL after-school literacy program
- 96% improve their reading level by one full grade level
- 385 high school students participating in College or Vocational Education
Poverty Prevention = Disrupt the cycle of poverty through education and enrichment.
- 2,300 children enrolled in CORAL afterschool programs
- 1,330 families participate in 0-5 child development programs
Poverty Reduction = Create pathway to economic mobility and opportunity.
- 185 Job Placements for refugees, people with mental health issues and the unemployed
- 5,250 Inmates reached through Catholic Charites Inmate Services
- 125 ex-offenders served through re-entry employment and faith support programs
- 1,186 Individuals receive Mental Health Services
- 32,600 hours of home care provided by Catholic Charities social enterprise, Daybreak Cares
Advocacy & Convening = Policy change improves lives of people living in poverty.
- Parish Partnerships facilitates Social Action Committee Annual Convening
- Agency supported affordable housing bond
- 840 participate in Poverty Simulations
Creating pathways of hope and opportunity through the following programs:
Behavioral Health Services
Children, Youth & Family
Refugee Foster Care
Older Adult Services
Step Up Silicon Valley